A chemical that gets released upon the breakdown of fatty acid in plants like soy and many others is known as alpha GPC. It is useable as a medicine. In Europe, many doctors prescribe Alpha GPC as a medication for one of the most common diseases, Alzheimer’s. This medication is given in two forms; one you can take by mouth, and the other is provided in the form of injections. Many people from the United States take this as a dietary supplement along with other supplements as it is known to help in increasing memory.
Well, you can read this article to know the various uses of alpha GPC and the precautions one should take while having this in one diet routine.
Some uses of alpha GPC:
- Found effective in Treating Dementia
- Treats stroke and mini-stroke
- Helps patients diagnosed with Alzheimer’s
- Promotes memory, learning, and thinking skills
What is the procedure of alpha GPC’s working?
The brain has a chemical known as acetylcholine which is responsible for cognition and other functionality. If the levels of this chemical decline, then it promotes the process of aging that people want to slow down these days. When included in the everyday routine of any individual, this supplement helps increase the levels of acetylcholine in the brain. That, in turn, slows down the process of aging.
What are the necessary precautions one needs to take while taking Alpha GPC?
You can go to my blog to know the various precautions one needs to take if they consider adding this supplement n their everyday diet. Well, there are significant side effects that are associated with this supplement, and one should keep them in mind. They are:
- Skin rash
A person will not experience all of these symptoms altogether but in combinations of 2-3 amongst them, depending upon their health conditions.
Let us look at some special warnings and precautions before taking these supplements.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: There is no sufficient information provided by researchers when it comes to the consumption of alpha GPC supplements by pregnant women or those in their breastfeed months. You are cautioned against its use to avoid any side effects on you or your baby.
- Interaction with Scopolamine: Here is a caution against mixing the two, alpha GPC and Scopolamine. It might have unavoidable side effects, and we are sure you do not need that. Consult with your health provider first before taking the two together.
The mixing of two is avoided as alpha GPC increases acetylcholine in the brain, and Scopolamine decreases the levels of the same. Although there are no signs of Alpha GPC reduces the benefits of Scopolamine, but you can still avoid the consumption of both simultaneously.
There are many health benefits of Alpha GPC, but along with those come side effects. Therefore, always look at the precautions before adding anything to your diet. Before taking any supplement, do consult with your healthcare professional.